2017 has brought me many experiences that I never thought would happen in my life, ever!
- Lost a business
- Formatted and sold a PC with $100,000 worth of Litecoin on it
- Built a home out of a van
- Moved into that van, full time!
- left the UK
- Taught an extreme sport to people from all over the World!
- Stopped showering every day
- Ran 10K (well 11K actually) who’s counting?
- Had only 14% body fat – okay, I might need to work on this one again, Xmas n that…
- Started a blog (and I’m still learning to spell)
- Visited 22 Countries and slept in the most amazing places
- Lived on a beach for 6 weeks
- Lived on another one for 2 months
- Pooed in the woods more often than in a toilet
- Became satisfied with not having loads of money
- Wrote an eBook (well, it’s nearly done)
- Became vegan
- Taught an ant to carry a stone – if you saw this on my Insta Story, then you’re one lucky mofo! – @kitevanman
- Grown my hair long
- Found a workable passion
You know what they say about how to find your perfect career?“If you had an unlimited supply of money rendering the need to work obsolete, what would you spend your days doing?” Well, this never worked for me as my answer was Gliding, Snowboarding and Kitesurfing (not teaching it btw) – all of which are extremely difficult to make a career out of.
In 2017 my answer became “film stuff!” 🙂 I found something that I love to do and I can make a career from it – booyakasha!!
I have always had some sort of pull towards cameras ever since I played with my Grandad’s when I was about 7 or something, but never did I think I would be stuffing my face into one and speaking to thousands of people on a regular basis!
So most things that happened in 2017 are great apart from that stinker at the top, but the funny thing is that stinker may have needed to happen to push me off the fence into adopting this lifestyle. Moral of the story..? Sometimes smelly can be good! Hence why I have stopped showering…
Every cloud does have a silver lining, but it can be hard to see that through the fog until you are clear of it.
I am sure next year will be another amazing year, it’s beginning with me spending the rest of the season in the French/Swiss Alps, so off to a very good start. Kind of mad as it was my Brothers trip to the alps last year that inspired me to consider this journey! My Tedspiration
Thanks for reading 🙂